BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Turkey, Toby and GRITS!

OK. You are wondering why there is a turkey right beside me. Well, it is a long story. Mom got enough Ingles points to get a free Butterball turkey. Note to self....what in the wide wide world does Butterball mean? Anyway, we have had it in the freezer since Thanksgiving and mom put it in the fridge on Monday to thaw. So we got it out today and I helped her get it ready to put in the oven. I'm not sure what I was about to get myself into.

Here are mom's turkey helpers. I wonder what Will was thinking about this bird?
I'm looking at the guts, the breastbone, the backbone, the thigh and the wings. NOT! I was actually looking at the bag of stuff that was inside the bird.
Mom made me stick my hand up in there to get the bag of GUTS out!
Here I am with the turkey after it came out of the oven. Looks pretty good. It was good. All because of me, your furry old pal Beckett.
Why does my post title include Toby and GRITS? Because of my new playlist songs by Toby Mac and GRITS! Enjoy and....
ROCK ON!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What are you doing with your hand inside that bird?!?!? What did you do with all the guts? It certainly is a beautiful turkey. Will you be the official turkey roaster from now on?

Marilyn Gregory said...

I could sure use some help with cooking a turkey.

Kathy said...

Maybe Beckett will be a Top Chef one day! The bird looks really yummy. Are you cooking for us at the cabin?